we are big fans of just tasty, simple meatballs! at little goat, we use kilgus goat meat and top with our sloppy sauce and cheese sauce for a hearty meatball sub. also great with pasta or just a snack! also, now at little goat bread, you can buy the sweet onion brioche breadcrumbs that we use.
1 ½ cups onion brioche breadcrumbs
2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground goat
½ small onion, small diced
1 cup fresh ricotta
1 tsp the flavor rub #1
2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablepoon butter
- saute diced onions in butter until tender, allow to cool.
- in a medium mixing bowl add ingredients, except for meat. mix until well combined.
- crumble meat into bowl and mix well.
- form into golf ball sized meatballs.
- cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- serve on a sandwich with marinara and melted cheese, over pasta or on a salad!