summer is winding down, and so is tomato season! this vinaigrette goes great with a simple mozzarella salad, over greens, or used as dipping for some crusty bread.
yield: 2 cups
1 lb heirloom tomatoes
½ lb sungold cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey salt to taste
- toss tomatoes in a small amount of oil.
- roast heirlooms on their own pan until soft.
- roast sungold tomatoes and garlic clove together on their own pan, until tomatoes are exploded and the garlic is lightly browned.
- in a food processor buzz roasted heirloom tomatoes with skin on, until crushed but still slightly chunky. set aside.
- blend roasted garlic and sungolds until as smooth as possible. add crushed heirlooms back to food processor and combine all ingredients.
- salt to taste.
delicious served with fresh mozzarella, croutons and fresh vegetables.