we were in the mood for some asian wings at little goat… so lo and behold, we found a way to a way to turn the marinade in to a teriyaki-style wing sauce!
12 cups soy bean oil
4 lb chicken wings
2 cups of the marinade
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 oz. sriracha
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 tbsp green onions, sliced
6 tbsp softened butter
- in a small pot, add the marinade, brown sugar and sriracha. whisk.
- on the side, whisk together corn starch and water, add to marinade mixture.
- heat on the stove over medium-low heat.
- allow to thicken and heat through.
- at the same time, bring a large pot with the oil to 300 degrees.
- carefully drop wings into pot, in batches so pan isn’t over-crowded and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes and golden brown. transfer to a paper towel-lined pan. bring oil back up to 300 degrees and fry remaining wings. bring oil to 350 degrees and again in batches fry wings for 5-7 minutes, until brown and crispy.
- transfer to a medium bowl and toss with softened butter, followed by the marinade mixture.
- add sesame seeds and green onions.