this is a super simple component of our corn kulfi dessert that we serve at girl & the goat. this is good by itself or served topped with some lemony eggplant.
1/2 ear of sweet corn
2 cups heavy cream
sweetened condensed milk
1/2 a corn cob
- cut the kernels off the cob with a knife, save the cob.
- combine corn, it’s empty cob (adding the cob makes the mixture even cornier!), and cream into a sauce pan, simmer low and slow.
- once the corn has simmered until heated, let mixture cool.
- remove the cob, strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- puree the cream and the corn until fluffy, adding just a touch of sweetened condensed milk for a little sweetness.