we use this sauce at girl & the goat, and it’s also good drizzled on top of a stone fruit and heirloom tomato salad, like at my recent green city market demo
yield: 2 cups
3/4 cup soy
3/4 cup mirin
3/8 cup soju
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon mayo
splash of lime juice
- combine soy, mirin, soju and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- reduce until the sauce is the consistency of maple syrup – the real maple syrup, not the log cabin stuff that i used to eat as a kid 😉
- place mayo into a separate, medium sized bowl.
- once the sauce is reduced, let it cool and then slowly pour the unagi sauce into the mayo, whisking as you go.
- add a splash of lime to taste.