this is how you warm up on these cold snowy days. gather some friends, light a fire and sip on spiced rum. or just make a big pot for yourself 😉
rub #2 spiced rum punch
yield: 4 servings
½ gallon apple cider
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp rub # 2
2 cups dark rum
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- using a skewer pierce the orange 10 times all around the fruit and insert the cloves into each hole.
- place on a sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes, until fruit is sweating and very hot.
- in a small pot pour apple cider, cinnamon stick, rub #2 and the orange with cloves.
- bring up to a boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- remove from heat, add rum and mix well.
- serve warm.