One of our signature dishes at Girl & the Goat, the grilled, smokey flavor really sets this broccoli apart from the over blanched stuff you grew up with!
blue cheese dressing
½ cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 ¼ ounces rogue smokey blue cheese (or good blue cheese), plus ½ cup crumbled
¾ teaspoon dark brown sugar
pinch of crushed red-pepper flakes
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ½ teaspoons broccoli vinaigrette*
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1 pound broccoli, florets cut into large pieces
1/3 cup broccoli vinaigrette*
1. make the blue cheese dressing: place heavy cream, 1 ¼ ounces blue cheese, brown sugar, salt and red-pepper flakes into a medium saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until blue cheese is melted. remove from heat and fold in sour cream and remaining ½ cup crumbled blue cheese; set aside.
2. make the spiced krispies topping: in a medium skillet, heat butter and vinaigrette over medium heatuntil butter is melted. add crisp rice cereal and toss to coat; cook until cereal is lightly toasted and fragrant. remove from heat and set aside.
3. make the grilled broccoli: preheat a grill-pan over medium-high heat. place broccoli in a large bowl; add vinaigrette and toss to coat. place broccoli on grill and cook, turning until broccoli is charred.
4. meanwhile, heat 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing over medium-low heat until warmed through, reserving any remaining for another use. spread heated blue-cheese dressing on a serving plate; top with grilled broccoli. sprinkle spiced krispie topping over broccoli and serve.
¼ cup rice-wine vinegar
¼ cup minced shallots
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 ½ teaspoons harissa
zest of ½ lemon, plus juice of ¼ lemon
½ cup olive oil
1. place vinegar, shallots, mustard, soy sauce, sriracha, harissa and lemon zest and juice in the jar of a blender. with the machine running, slowly add olive oil to emulsify. store in an airtight container, refrigerated, until ready to use- up to 3 days.